Colorful Shrimp Spread Recipe
A friend gave me the recipe for this scrumptious shrimp spread topped with mozzarella cheese and veggies. When I take it to a party or potluck, I never bring leftovers home.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. YIELD:8-12 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) cocktail sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1/3 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Fresh rosemary and cilantro, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. round serving platter to within 2 in. of edge. In a bowl, combine the cocktail sauce and shrimp; spread over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, green pepper, tomato and onions. Garnish with rosemary and cilantro if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8-12 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 158 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC