Colorful Roasted Oven Vegetables
A touch of thyme seasons these fresh-tasting oven-roasted veggies that complement almost any meal, from brunch to a steak dinner. Grace Ammann of Richfield, Minnesota sent the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and onion in an ungreased
- 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the oil, thyme, salt and pepper; drizzle
- over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 400° for
- 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 98 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.