- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Stir spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and green onions into quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Quinoa Salad
"I loved the combination of quinoa and veggies, but I didn't care for the lime & ginger flavor of the dressing. It's a shame that I wasted all those veggies by using a salad dressing that neither my husband nor I liked. I may try this again (halving the recipe next time) and use lemon instead of lime -- or maybe trying a balsamic vinegar dressing.... Upon reviewing the recipe, I think I accidentally doubled the lime peel, which made the salad distasteful. I do plan to make it again, but I will try a different dressing."
"I thought it was good and a nice change from the "normal" salad, but I felt that it was a little bland. I added extra salt to see if that was what was missing, which helped, but still seemed like it was lacking in flavor."
"This is a great recipe! Bright, colorful, flavorful and fresh!"
"This recipe is delicioous! I was so thrilled to find a recipe my daughter could eat with all of her food allergies, and we both loved it! I did make some extra dressing the second time I made it because it is just so good!"
"Wonderful salad!!! The dressing is so light and refreshing! Everybody raved about it, even when I took it to work a few days after I made it. Still had good crunch and flavor. This recipe is a keeper."