Colorful Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Stir spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and green onions into quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Quinoa Salad
Sort By :
"This was delicious. I made this for our Sunday dinner to go along with BBQ ribs. Had allot left over so had it the next day. Still was yummy. My first time using Quinoa."
"This recipe is delicioous! I was so thrilled to find a recipe my daughter could eat with all of her food allergies, and we both loved it! I did make some extra dressing the second time I made it because it is just so good!"
"Wonderful salad!!! The dressing is so light and refreshing! Everybody raved about it, even when I took it to work a few days after I made it. Still had good crunch and flavor. This recipe is a keeper."