My youngest daughter recently learned she has to avoid gluten, dairy and eggs, which gave me a new challenge in the kitchen. I put this dish together as a side we could all share. We love it for leftovers, too. —Catherine Turnbull, Burlington, Ontario
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Stir spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and green onions into quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Quinoa Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Colorful Quinoa Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review