Colorful Popcorn Balls
"These easy-to-make, fruit-flavored snacks are a big hit with our four young sons," relates Mary Kay Morris from Cokato, Minnesota. For extra fun, choose gelatin flavors that match your child's school colors. They're sure to become best-sellers, so it's fortunate this recipe can be doubled.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons fruit-flavored gelatin (any flavor)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter
- and marshmallows over low heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. When cool enough to handle,
- lightly butter hands and quickly shape mixture into balls. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.