Colorful Popcorn Balls Recipe
"These easy-to-make, fruit-flavored snacks are a big hit with our four young sons," relates Mary Kay Morris from Cokato, Minnesota. For extra fun, choose gelatin flavors that match your child's school colors. They're sure to become best-sellers, so it's fortunate this recipe can be doubled.
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons fruit-flavored gelatin (any flavor)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. When cool enough to handle, lightly butter hands and quickly shape mixture into balls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Colorful Popcorn Balls in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p42
Reviews for Colorful Popcorn Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2013
It is a rare instance when I give a poor rating for a TOH recipe. But this is one. These popcorn balls lack imagination. They are simply marshmellow and gelatin flavor. You'd be better off using the old fashioned recipe you cook on the stovetop.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >
- Popcorn Recipes >