Colorful Pineapple Pork Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked pork
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet, combine 1 cup water, sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the pork, cucumber, carrot, pineapple, tomato, green pepper and soy sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 410 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1441mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Pineapple Pork
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer