Colorful Pepper Salad
Honey adds a sweet touch to this combination of colorful peppers from Christa Boylston of Shelby, North Carolina. "I've made it a number of times for small dinner parties," Christa shares. "Everyone I've served this salad to comments on how pretty and flavorful it is."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 each large sweet green, red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 18 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine peppers and tomatoes. In a jar with
- tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 71 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.