Colorful Pepper Frittata Recipe
Our taste testers loved this moist breakfast dish featuring bright sweet peppers and basil. “So filling and tasty, it will delight any meat lovers' taste buds,” writes Jess Apfe of Berkeley, California. We couldn't agree more!
- 4 large eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in mozzarella cheese and basil.
- 2. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wedge: 187 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Colorful Pepper Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC