Colorful Pepper Frittata Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in mozzarella cheese; pour over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.