Our taste testers loved this moist breakfast dish featuring bright sweet peppers and basil. “So filling and tasty, it will delight any meat lovers' taste buds,” writes Jess Apfe of Berkeley, California. We couldn't agree more!
- 4 large eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in mozzarella cheese and basil.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Pepper Frittata in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p46
Reviews for Colorful Pepper Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review