Our taste testers loved this moist breakfast dish featuring bright sweet peppers and basil. “So filling and tasty, it will delight any meat lovers' taste buds,” writes Jess Apfe of Berkeley, California. We couldn't agree more!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in mozzarella cheese; pour over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Pepper Frittata in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Colorful Pepper Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review