Colorful Pepper Frittata Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in mozzarella cheese; pour over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Pepper Frittata in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Colorful Pepper Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review