In Delano, Minnesota, Marlene Muckenhirn stirs up a light buttermilk and herb dressing to coat this colorful combination of green peas, crunchy carrots and mozzarella cheese cubes.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cubed Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook 5 minutes longer. Drain; rinse in cold water and drain again. Place in a bowl; add celery, cheese and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Pea Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p16
Reviews for Colorful Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2013
"I added some more cheese than the recipe called for because we love cheese. It was a great side dish with grilled chicken."