Colorful Pea Salad Recipe
In Delano, Minnesota, Marlene Muckenhirn stirs up a light buttermilk and herb dressing to coat this colorful combination of green peas, crunchy carrots and mozzarella cheese cubes.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook 5 minutes longer. Drain; rinse in cold water and drain again. Place in a bowl; add celery, cheese and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 97 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Colorful Pea Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC