Colorful Pea Salad Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook 5 minutes longer. Drain; rinse in cold water and drain again. Place in a bowl; add celery, cheese and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 97 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Pea Salad
"I added some more cheese than the recipe called for because we love cheese. It was a great side dish with grilled chicken."