Colorful Pasta with Ham Recipe
"I made up this hearty noodle casserole as I went along, and my family was pleased with the end result," writes Heather Rowan. The Richmond, Missouri cook says she now doubles the rapid recipe and stores the extra casserole in the freezer for a night when time is at a premium.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic powder and pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, combine the pasta, ham, corn, 1 cup cheese and 3/4 cup onions. In a bowl, combine the broth, soup, milk and seasonings. Pour over pasta mixture; mix well.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 478 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,299 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC