Colorful Pasta Salad Recipe
The colorful side dish shared by Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin features sweet pineapple, crunchy vegetables and refreshing cilantro in a tangy dressing with pasta. It requires just 15 minutes of prep time, so it’s perfect for a quick lunch or on-the-go dinner.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, snow peas, carrot, cucumber and reserved pineapple juice.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Add to pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 120 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Colorful Pasta Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC