Colorful Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, snow peas, carrot, cucumber and reserved pineapple juice.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Add to pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 120 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Colorful Pasta Salad
"I substituted canned mango for the pineapple, and it was surprisingly good! What a unique twist on traditional pasta salad."