Colorful Pasta Salad
The colorful side dish shared by Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin features sweet pineapple, crunchy vegetables and refreshing cilantro in a tangy dressing with pasta. It requires just 15 minutes of prep time, so it’s perfect for a quick lunch or on-the-go dinner.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain
- pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the
- pineapple, snow peas, carrot, cucumber and reserved pineapple juice.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Add to pineapple mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to
- coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 120 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.