The colorful side dish shared by Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin features sweet pineapple, crunchy vegetables and refreshing cilantro in a tangy dressing with pasta. It requires just 15 minutes of prep time, so it’s perfect for a quick lunch or on-the-go dinner.
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, snow peas, carrot, cucumber and reserved pineapple juice.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Add to pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p59
Reviews for Colorful Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2015
"I substituted canned mango for the pineapple, and it was surprisingly good! What a unique twist on traditional pasta salad."