Colorful Papaya Panzanella Recipe
I like to combine fruits with vegetables with homemade croutons to create "pizzazzy" (my new favorite word) side dishes. This one is as pretty as it is delicious! —Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, Nevada
- 1 loaf whole wheat boule or sourdough bread (1 pound), cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 medium yellow zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups cubed peeled ripe papaya
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 8 thin slices sweet onion, quartered
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with 2/3 cup vinaigrette. Transfer to baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, zucchini, papaya, tomatoes, onion and bread. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Colorful Papaya Panzanella in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p194
Reviews for Colorful Papaya Panzanella(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review