Colorful Oven Vegetables
Meet the Cook: As a party planner for a catering company, I often serve this attractive side dish with a steak dinner or at a brunch. Our two grown sons and their families often request these fresh-tasting oven-roasted vegetables, too.
-Grace Ammann, Richfield, Minnesota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 6 medium carrots, julienned
- 3 small onions, quartered
- Place butter in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish; place in a 400° oven
- for 5 minutes or until melted. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Add
- the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: 2 cups baby carrots may be substituted; cut into julienne strips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 74 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.