Colorful Mixed Salad Recipe
Dried cranberries and mandarin oranges add sweetness to this green salad sent in by Sandra Lashua of Henderson, Nevada. It's loaded with other goodies, then tossed with a pleasant orange dressing.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, vinegar, oil and sugar; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 283 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC