Dried cranberries and mandarin oranges add sweetness to this green salad sent in by Sandra Lashua of Henderson, Nevada. It's loaded with other goodies, then tossed with a pleasant orange dressing.
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, vinegar, oil and sugar; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Mixed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p57
Reviews for Colorful Mixed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2011
"Very easy to throw together. Delicious and elegant."
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
"This is my favorite salad. Everyone always asks for the recipe!"