Dried cranberries and mandarin oranges add sweetness to this green salad sent in by Sandra Lashua of Henderson, Nevada. It's loaded with other goodies, then tossed with a pleasant orange dressing.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, vinegar, oil and sugar; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Mixed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p57
Reviews for Colorful Mixed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review