Colorful Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, cheese, milk, basil and mustard.
- 2. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring often. Drain macaroni; toss with vegetable cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Mac 'n' Cheese
"As far as I'm concerned, there is no "bad" macaroni and cheese. My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, and I didn't have to feel quite so guilty eating it because of the veggies."
"My husband is on a low fat diet. Therefore had to modify recipe a bit. Used no fat cheddar cheese and healthy Request cheddar cheese soup. Have made this several times....very good!"
"Added diced carrots and red bell peppers, plus some left over taco meat. This is such a nice change from the Blue Box, and made enough for 6 large servings."
"this was a great change to the normal mac n cheese"
"We found this terribly bland and simply flavorless. I'm afraid I won't make this again."
"Made this recipe today for lunch. It was very easy and fast to make."
"This was delicious!! I don't usually like tomatoes but they were really good in this too!"