Colorful Mac 'n' Cheese
My family loves this rich dish, usually as a side. And as long as the kids don't realize its squash, they'll keep on eating it! —Debbie Amacher, Amherst, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the
- tomatoes, soup, cheese, milk, basil and mustard.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is
- melted, stirring often. Drain macaroni; toss with vegetable cheese
- sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.