My family loves this rich and comforting dish. The cheese disguises the zucchini, so my kids keep on eating it! —Debbie Amacher, Amherst, New York
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, cheese, milk, basil and mustard.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring often. Drain macaroni; toss with vegetable cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Mac 'n' Cheese in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p45
Reviews for Colorful Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review