Colorful Linguine Salad Recipe
"For a long time, my family has been trying to cut down on high-fat foods," relates Lee Ann Berijan of Blaine, Minnesota. "I've tried to use my creativity and my family's love of pasta to provide tasty meals. This light satisfying dish is great after a day in the summer sun."
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pea pods
- 3 cups cooked linguine
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place zucchini and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes. Add pea pods; steam for 1 minute. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl; add linguine and red pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over linguine mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 252 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Colorful Linguine Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC