"This stick-to-your-ribs dish is sure to satisfy the heartiest appetite," writes Schelby Thompson of Camden Wyoming, Florida. "You can take it from stovetop to table in about half and hour."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the soup, water and butter; bring to a
- boil. Add kielbasa and rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18
- minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until
- rice is tender and peas are heated through. Sprinkle with cheese;
- cover and let stand until melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 481 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,459 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer