"This stick-to-your-ribs dish is sure to satisfy the heartiest appetite," writes Schelby Thompson of Camden Wyoming, Florida. "You can take it from stovetop to table in about half and hour."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the soup, water and butter; bring to a boil. Add kielbasa and rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and peas are heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Kielbasa in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p59
Reviews for Colorful Kielbasa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review