This is a perfect recipe for kids old enough to carefully handle skewers. It's not too messy, and the kabobs cook up in a snap and taste wonderful.—Janell Aguda, Joelton, Tennessee
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- Thread a cherry tomato onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Alternate the sausage, green pepper and onion pieces on skewers,
- ending with another tomato. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat
- for 10-15 minutes or until meat is heated through and vegetables are
- tender. Remove meat and vegetables from skewers and serve over rice.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.