Colorful Hamburger Rice Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup each frozen corn, peas and cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, beef, vegetables, butter and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 225 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Colorful Hamburger Rice
"I made this and substituted chicken broth for 1 cup of the water and added in 1 cup of Stubb's Original BBQ sauce. I also mixed in 2 cans of beans-1 black and 1 chili (without draining them). It added a nice tex-mex style flavor. Topped with shredded cheddar cheese and served with warm cornbread it was a quick and easy hit. There was enough to feed my family of 6!"
"I used super lean ground beef and left out the butter; used fat-free beef broth instead of water, and added 1 t. each basil, oregano, thyme, and marjoram. Even with those changes it was a bit blah, so we added a spoonful of soy sauce to individual servings, and that was good. For vegetables I used 1 large chopped zucchini and a package of thawed mixed vegetables. It tasted better the second day."