Colorful Hamburger Rice
With a pretty blend of vegetables, this skillet dish is an eye-catching addition to a potluck buffet. You can use garden-fresh vegetables instead of frozen.—Drusilla Luckey, Marathon, New York
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup each frozen corn, peas and cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, beef, vegetables, butter and
- seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.