Colorful Ham Strata Recipe
Marilou's make-ahead breakfast bake is a cinch, particularly when leftover ham is used. Chock-full of peppers, onions and cheese, the eye-opener makes an ideal contribution to brunch buffets and is a great way to start the day.
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 3/4 cup each julienned green and sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham (3/4 pound)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions and peppers in oil. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the onion mixture, ham and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Ham Strata in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Colorful Ham Strata(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2011
I have made this recipe several times and
receive many compliments. I have also given
out the recipe. It is delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >