• “A neighbor showed me how to make Green Bean Salad, and the men in my family really like beans served this way,” writes field editor Mildred Sherrer of Fort Worth, Texas. “They’re crisp-tender and colorful with bits of tomato, egg and parsley.”
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Add the tomato, onion, parsley and capers; gently toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with egg. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p18
Reviews for Colorful Green Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review