- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute orange pepper and water chestnuts in butter until tender. Add the garlic, salt, onion powder, basil and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Add beans; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Green Bean Medley
Sort By :
"Love this recipe!! I think this is quickly becoming one of my favorite vegetables to serve with dinner. I too added a red pepper and the colors also make it a great dish to serve for company. I have tried this with both fresh and frozen green beans and loved it either way. I have no trouble getting my kids to eat their veggies when I make this recipe."
"Great flavor, love the contrasting crunch from the water chestnuts. I also used red peppers for a different look!"
"Not only was this quick and easy to put together the flavors blended beautifully and tasted even better the second day. Instead of just the orange pepper I used a bit of red pepper, yellow pepper and orange pepper to add even more color."