The combination of flavors from the tomatoes, jicama and cilantro make this salad great for picnics, potlucks, cookouts and salad buffets. It is delicious.—Brenda Hoffman, Stanton, Michigan
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, red pepper and corn. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, vinegar, water, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Drizzle over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the romaine, jicama and cilantro. Place 1 cup on each of eight salad plates; top each with 1/3 cup tomato mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Gazpacho Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p49
Reviews for Colorful Gazpacho Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review