Red radishes, tomatoes and onion rings are tossed together with contrasting green cucumbers and mixed greens to make this pretty salad. The dressing is sweet and flavorful.—Mary Malchow, Neenah, Wisconsin
Recommended: 20 Quinoa Recipes
- 1 to 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced and quartered
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons vinegar
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with bacon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Garden Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p21
Reviews for Colorful Garden Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2014
"Super great recipe!! Will use this over and over again!"