Colorful Frozen Yogurt
Here's a beautiful, low-fat recipe for sunny days. Not only is it a pretty dessert, but blending the berries into the vanilla yogurt is simple. I serve the honey-topped yogurt in martini glasses with mint leaves for garnishes. —Tiffany Blepp, Olathe, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3 pints low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 12 teaspoons honey
- Place one pint of frozen yogurt in a blender; add peaches. Cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a freezer-safe container; cover
- and freeze. Repeat twice, making a batch of blueberry frozen yogurt
- and a batch of strawberry frozen yogurt.
- Using a small scoop or melon baller, scoop each flavor of yogurt onto
- a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- For each serving, place two scoops of each flavor in individual
- dessert dishes. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon honey. Yield: 12
Editor’s Note: We used a melon baller to make the small scoops of frozen yogurt.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 143 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.