Here's a beautiful, low-fat recipe for sunny days. Not only is it a pretty dessert, but blending the berries into the vanilla yogurt is simple. I serve the honey-topped yogurt in martini glasses with mint leaves for garnishes. —Tiffany Blepp, Olathe, Kansas
- 3 pints low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 12 teaspoons honey
- Place one pint of frozen yogurt in a blender; add peaches. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze. Repeat twice, making a batch of blueberry frozen yogurt and a batch of strawberry frozen yogurt.
- Using a small scoop or melon baller, scoop each flavor of yogurt onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- For each serving, place two scoops of each flavor in individual dessert dishes. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon honey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Frozen Yogurt in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p47
Reviews for Colorful Frozen Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2012
"TRY ICE CREAM MAKER healthy"
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2010
"I just saw this recipe-fabulous idea. Can't wait to try it. Sounds like a no-brainer!! Good job."