Colorful Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Here's a beautiful, low-fat recipe for sunny days. Not only is it a pretty dessert, but blending the berries into the vanilla yogurt is simple. I serve the honey-topped yogurt in martini glasses with mint leaves for garnishes. —Tiffany Blepp, Olathe, Kansas
- 3 pints low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 12 teaspoons honey
- Place one pint of frozen yogurt in a blender; add peaches. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze. Repeat twice, making a batch of blueberry frozen yogurt and a batch of strawberry frozen yogurt.
- Using a small scoop or melon baller, scoop each flavor of yogurt onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- For each serving, place two scoops of each flavor in individual dessert dishes. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon honey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Frozen Yogurt in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p47
Reviews for Colorful Frozen Yogurt(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Ice Cream >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frozen Yogurt >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >