Colorful Frittata Recipe
"Dijon mustard gives unique flavor and lots of zip to this pretty egg bake," says Julie Watson of Anderson, Indiana. "It's a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables," she adds.
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Add ham; heat through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic salt until foamy. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and broccoli mixture.
- 3. Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 22-27 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 277 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 331 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC