- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Add ham; heat through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic salt until foamy. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and broccoli mixture.
- Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 22-27 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Colorful Frittata
Sort By :
I have made this dish several times with excellent reviews every time. Not only is this fritatta savory, it is versatile. I have substituted asparagus for the brocolli with equally tasty results. I just made this with brocolli and leftover Christmas ham. This time, I put thinly sliced velveeta on the top during the last 5 minutes of baking. I did not have tomatoes, so we put a dollop of salsa and sour cream on top after it was served. We all agreed that was a great idea and will use salsa next time in place of diced tomatoes.
We really liked this. It is indeed the dijon mustard that gives it flavor. Would've been good with some potatoes in there too.
I have been making this delicious frittata as a special brunch menu item for years. I always receive rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Even my children enjoy this dish!