Colorful Fried Rice Recipe
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend many years ago. The variety of ingredients makes it very colorful, and preparation is simple. I serve it often. -Linda Rae Lee, San Francisco, California
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, cook and stir the rice, onions, carrot, peas, soy sauce and parsley in oil until onions are tender and rice is heated through. Add egg; cook and stir until egg is completely set. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC