Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Sweet potatoes and tart cranberries are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate in this appealing side dish.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- In a large saucepan, cover sweet potatoes with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool. Peel potatoes; cut into 1-in. pieces. Combine
- cranberries, sugar, orange juice and salt; place half in a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the sweet potatoes.
- Repeat layers. Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 25
- minutes or until cranberries are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with
- granola; return to the oven for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 249 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.