Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Sweet potatoes and tart cranberries are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate in this appealing side dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 25-30 minutes; drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut potatoes into 1-in. pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the sweet potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- 3. Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 261 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2010
"Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC