Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Sweet potatoes and tart cranberries are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate in this appealing side dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 25-30 minutes; drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut potatoes into 1-in. pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the sweet potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- 3. Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 261 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2010
"Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC