- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 25-30 minutes; drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1-in. pieces. In a bowl, toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; transfer half to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the sweet potatoes; repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
"I wanted a way to fit in cranberries to my Thanksgiving dinner but I do not like most cranberry items. This was an excellent way to get them in and flavor was liked by everyone. I would definatly make again."
"Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor."