Sweet potatoes and tart cranberries are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate in this appealing side dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 25-30 minutes; drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut potatoes into 1-in. pieces.
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the sweet potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p25
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2010
"Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor."