Colorful Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each loaf):
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 10-1/2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare bread: Place 3-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 202 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
"This bread was great! Very moist and good with and without the glaze."
"I have not tried this recipe and have accidentally rated it a 5. I meant to rate the recipe listed previous to this one. My apologies."
"I have been making this recipe since Sept. of 1998 when it first appeared in Country Woman. I love it and give it out as gifts every year. I get raves about how wonderful it is! It is definitely a recipe that my kids and my kids kids will be making. Ü"