This is a fun way to use pumpkin and cranberries, two ingredients that pop up regularly on holiday menus. The bread has a fine texture and pretty color.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each loaf):
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 10-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare bread: Place 3-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p34
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review