Colorful Cranberry Mousse Recipe
After indulging in a rich holiday meal, a refreshing treat like this is a welcome sight. My holiday dinners aren't complete without this cool, colorful dessert.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4-6 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry-orange sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cranberry-orange sauce. Pour into a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- 2. Stir cranberry mixture; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 252 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC