Colorful Crab Appetizer Pizza
If you're looking for a really easy and special appetizer, this one stands out. It's a fresh-tasting and lovely variation on a cold vegetable pizza. I make it as a snack for parties all the time and even for a light main dish with a soup or salad.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- Unroll crescent roll dough and place on an ungreased 12-in. pizza
- pan. Flatten dough, sealing seams and perforations. Bake at 350°
- for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in 1 cup
- spinach, onion, dill, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, lemon juice and
- pepper. Spread over the crust. Top with the crab, olives and
- remaining spinach and lemon peel. Cut into bite-size squares. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium,