We love it when side dishes pop with color, like the red and green pepper accents you'll see in this light and fluffy couscous. It's a scrumptious and welcome switch from baked potatoes or rice. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil for
- 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, water, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from
- the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 219 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.