Colorful Corn Recipe
I've been serving this lovely creamed side dish for many years. It starts with convenient frozen corn and gets garden-fresh taste from green pepper, tomato and onion.—Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook corn according to package directions; drain. Add the butter, onion, green pepper and salt if desired. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through. Add milk; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Colorful Corn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC