I've been serving this lovely creamed side dish for many years. It starts with convenient frozen corn and gets garden-fresh taste from green pepper, tomato and onion.—Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook corn according to package directions; drain. Add the butter, onion, green pepper and salt if desired. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through. Add milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Corn in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p21
Reviews for Colorful Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
"I made this on Thanksgiving and hubby requested it again for Christmas!"