I've been serving this lovely creamed side dish for many years. It starts with convenient frozen corn and gets garden-fresh taste from green pepper, tomato and onion.—Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook corn according to package directions; drain. Add the butter, onion, green pepper and salt if desired. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through. Add milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Corn in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p21
Reviews for Colorful Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
"I made this on Thanksgiving and hubby requested it again for Christmas!"