- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 thin onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with salt, oregano and chili powder. Stir in the tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Corn Saute in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p47
Reviews for Colorful Corn Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
"Excellent side dish, I used Vidalia onion which added a nice sweet flavor"