- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups diced green pepper
- 2 cups diced sweet red pepper
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a microwave-safe dish, combine oil and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds. Cool. Whisk in lime juice. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Corn Salad
Sort By :
"Tasty salad! Next time I'll add a jalapeno and use cilantro, I just wanted to give it a try as is first and I wasn't disappointed. I'll definitely make this again, hopefully with fresh corn."
"Not bad. I added some jalapeños as well. I think I would reduce the cumin next time. I don't see shredded Parmesan cheese in the picture. Could it be grated Parmesan instead?"
"Have made this dish countless times over the years. I added cilantro and a diced jalapeño. Always a hit!"
"I have made this salad several times since seeing it in the magazine. It has always been a big hit as a salad or salsa with chips. I will make it again in a few weeks."
"This is a favorite for our family. I serve it with BBQ or any smoked meats in the summer. I add jalapeno's to taste (3 or 4 for us, we like it spicy). I have used red onion instead of green and that works great too. Fresh grilled corn is delicious if you live in corn country. The secret is the dressing and it is fantastic!"