I gave a makeover to an old family favorite. I added some color with the onion, peppers and chiles. It was so well like that this version is now a new family favorite.—Jill Cox, Lincoln, Nebraska
Featured In: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped sweet red pepper, orange pepper and red onion
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) gold and white corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cream cheese and milk until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn, chilies, salt and pepper. Stir in pepper mixture and Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle over corn mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Corn Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p53
Reviews for Colorful Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review